How to Link Model Sources
The Link Model Source wizard links objects in two unrelated models. Unlike the Add Model Source and Sync with Model Source features, the Link Model Source feature does not automatically create new objects in the target model - it simply allows you to match and link existing objects in two models. You can use the options in the Resolve Differences Dialog to match or unmatch selected objects in the target model and source model or to import and export objects and properties.
The Link Model Source is a multi-step process that uses a series of dialogs to specify options for linking your current model with a source model. Review the text in the Overview pane for basic concepts on the Link Model Source process. The Link with Model Source wizard includes panes that let you do the following:
- In the Target Model pane, The name and path of the target (current) model is displayed. Your open model is selected by default.
- In the Source Model pane, select the local *.erwin file or a CA ERwin Data Modeler Workgroup Edition file in a mart you want to designate as the source file.
- In the Type Selection pane, specify the object types you want to link between the source and the target model. You can also choose a filter to select only those objects in the source model not linked to any model source, or create an option set to specify specific objects. By default, all objects in the source model are included in the link process.
- In the Object Selection pane, specify which model objects from the source model participate in the link process.
- In the Naming Standards pane, apply naming standards as you link the model source.
Copyright © 2013 CA.
All rights reserved.